The Global Partner Solutions (GPS) team is a sales organization accountable for the commercial partner business at Microsoft, and the mission is to build and sell Microsoft Cloud applications, services and devices with partners, empowering people, and organizations to achieve more.
Building on this organizational mission, the global channel services team works with partners that provide scale and relevance to our customer engagements as they service and sell to our largest enterprise customers and breadth SMBs. The focus of this team is driving transformation, simplification and profitability for partners thru solutions acceleration and adoption of our solution areas and industry solutions with customers.
As a Partner Development Manager for Business Applications, we are looking for you to bring your tenacious work ethic, your enthusiasm, optimism, and your unbridled passion for the customer to foster profound growth and (r)evolutionary change within our partner ecosystem. You will leverage your challenger mindset, deep technology industry knowledge, and best in class interpersonal abilities to empower our partners to bring market-defining solutions to our customers. This opportunity will allow you to accelerate your career growth as you work deeply with highly complex partner organizations, building strong relationships in the C-Suite and collaborating across multiple internal stakeholders to resolve complex issues. This role is flexible in that you can work up to 50% from home.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
Partner Development Manager – Business Applications, here are the main responsibilities:
Executive Relationship Building
You will Build and maintain a trusted-advisor relationship with C-suite leaders of complex partners and will align partners’ priorities, strategies, and goals with Microsoft’s to build mutually beneficial account plans to achieve strategic alignment and drive growth.
Microsoft Business Leader
You will lead the creation and landing of the strategic partner vision which aligns the partner’s potential impact and business goals with the Microsoft value proposition and value propositions of products, channels, or solutions, to drive an increase of Microsoft’s share of wallet vs. competition.
Partner Innovation & Transformation
You will lead the integration of skills, capability, and capacity plans for the partner business utilizing the right mix of sales and tech trainings and bootcamps to increase the partners’ capabilities to enable partners to build a high-impact Microsoft Services practice that grows partner business and promote cloud consumption and digital transformation.
Partner Sales and Consumption
You will Lead Partner pipeline reviews and coach and challenge partners to transform their plans and strategies around consumption, and facilitate collaboration between the partners sales team, channel managers, and other relevant teams to overcome obstacles, compete, and create deal proposals to meet consumption and key revenue targets.
Market Insight and Business Opportunity
You will Identify and recommend market opportunities to pursue that are aligned with competitive intelligence and Microsoft’s goals and collaborate with internal teams to take advantage of opportunities.
You will develop go-to-market and co-selling strategies with complex partners, secure marketing resources (e.g., go-to-market offers) to support partners with developing marketing plans, and Ensure partner readiness to execute key activities to exceed expectations to drive Microsoft and partner sales goals.
Partner Assessment and Qualification
You will develop partner recruitment plans to recruit new partners or expand current partnerships to create a balanced portfolio, grow business, and fill market opportunities.
Advocate for Partner
You will represent the partner internally and lead the orchestration of response to the partner through the resolution of complex and urgent escalations advocating for the partner and guiding other groups in prioritizing partners’ solutions and issues.
Required/Minimum Qualifications :
Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Operations or related field AND 15+ years experience in Business Applications, partner management, sales, business development, or partner channel development in the technology industry OR equivalent experience.
Additional Or Preferred Qualifications
Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Business Science, or an advanced degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) related field AND 10+ years partner management, sales, business development, or partner channel development in the technology industry OR equivalent experience.
The Ideal Candidate Will
- Demonstrate an ability to make key decisions in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment including the ability to define, diagnose, and determine an appropriate resolution, recommendation, or decision while considering alternatives and factors (e.g., resources, costs, tradeoffs).
- Possess a proven history as a strong negotiator with an ability to influence and persuade to achieve mutually satisfying agreements in negotiations by garnering support for initiatives.
- Executive relationships: ability to interact confidently with senior leaders of the organization in order to present/defend/clarify concerns or issues regarding an existing project, program or solution
- Experience communicating with a proficiency in English, business, and technical topics in writing and orally with clarity, accuracy, and understanding to internal and external stakeholders across all seniorities.
- Experience developing strategies to manage pipeline and meet sales goals by reviewing forecasts, assessing, and mitigating risks, and ensuring strategy alignment with business priorities.
- Previous success with Consultative Selling demonstrating the ability to understand customer/partner needs through dialogue before recommending products/services.
- Display a proven ability to manage sales opportunities and/or deals through communicating and collaborating with others and leveraging resources and tools
- Have elite business analytical acumen with the ability to collect information and identify fundamental patterns/trends in complex data to identify business needs and determine solutions to business problems,
- Have an Intermediate/Advanced knowledge or Microsoft Products with an ability to develop, use, and/or discuss Microsoft products (e.g., Microsoft Azure, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Office 365) with internal teams or customers/partners.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.